Intentions and Design -- Condensing Vapors
- Often ideas exist in my mind which are very much like clouds. When viewed from the ground the shape appears to be fairly definite, however when in the place the cloud is the shapes and forms are less precisely defined and some of the otherwise appearing continuous form has holes in it. Such is the form of NysWiki at the present. There are parts which are constructed, functional and operative, but not yet integrated into a manageable whole.
The presentation and management part is just beginning to to take shape so that extension and integration of new and expanded features can take place so that they will not affect other existing features and presentations.
- The intention is to make the design approach the imagined. It is more like fashioning an object like a blob of clay rather than applying different colors of paint to a canvas, even though some facets of both creative works are included.
- The imagined or real pattern, being it a figure, like model, or a sketch, or an outline, or a bunch of CRC cards or stories, or an image clearly or not so clearly imagined in your mind is compared with the WorkingInstance of that image. Then adjustments, rearrangements, dependencies, interactions, and appearances are applied to reshape the real thing.
- It is the application of Continuous Compartmentalized Testing of the realized and the conceptualized, testing first the pattern before the object which will be created from it.
- The intention is to create several PersonalWikis, with differing approaches, since they will have different goals and limits specific to the application.